Sunday, March 2, 2014

Storm to Arrive

Last night we watched Reilly and Robbie while mom and dad went to listen to one of their friends play guitar and sing at a bookstore in town. Next Tuesday Robbie will be 4 months old ALL READY!! hard to believe. Both he and Reilly were very good all evening. Nary a cry from Robbie, just a bunch of gargles and smiles. Their parents came home around 12:15 am and decided instead of waking the kids they'd spend the night. And...usually I couldn't care less, only this time we are having overnight guests this coming weekend and now I've got to change the beds in both bedrooms....grrrrr.
I had them all ready....perhaps I'm being unkind....but....more work for me.

I am doing up the laundry this morning because the storm is suppose to knock out electric in certain areas. This storm they are referring to as a "Major Storm". It's starting now with a little rain, which will turn to sleet then ice that will measure 1/2 inch and take out the electric and trees. I hate ice storms. They are so destructive. After the ice storm it will return to sleet and then turn to snow. We are expected to get 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow. So, we are not looking forward to this at all. Son
Brien has our generator. We have the gas fireplaces and they will keep us warm if the electric should go out.

I'm off to change Mom's bandage. I'm sure I won't be able to get over there until Tuesday afternoon.
If her electric goes off, we'll have to try and get her here somehow. She won't want to go because of her kitty - she might have to come too. Just have to wait and see how it goes. I doubt there will be school, which means Madison will be coming over, if her mom goes to work. Not sure how she'll get here... we have 2 steep hills between the road and our house. She might have to trudge thru the snow!If you don't hear from me for  a few days - I have no electric.

3 comments:

  1. Stay safe and warm! We've seen on the news about all the terrible snowstorms, ice-storms, sleet, wind, rain, etc. I hope your electricity stays on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie is just so precious.....what a lucky little one to have so much love around him all the time.
    The storm has changed its plan a number of times so we still wait. Looks like you will get hot, though. May it not be too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard. Ice storms can be really nasty, and not much you can do to prepare for them. You've really had some rough weather this year and here we've had a mild winter after some bad weather in November. Robbie is really a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete