Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Just Stuff...

Today I went to my best friend's Daddy's funeral about an hour and a half away. We went to High School together and is one of the gals I go have lunch with about once a month.  I've known them for 50 years.  What a great dad he was. What a great person he was. He was 89 and in extremely poor health. Thankfully he has gone on to a much better place. He was laid to rest pretty close to my Dad, so I took the time to go say hello and tell him how mom was. I hadn't been to see him since August.

Yesterday I went to what I thought might be my last visit for my knee but he said it was not ready for the final X`rays as it was still warm...I go back in 3 more months. I've been going to Rehab on my own since it was officially over. It's only $30 a month to use it. Pretty cheap. I will be truthful and say I'm really tired of going...but I will. It will help me get further extension in the bend. It's 123 degrees now. My other knee isn't that good. lol

Sunday Kelly, Madison, Brien, Robbie and myself went to a Brunch to see our friends who flew in from Denver and their baby Henry alias Hank, who was born 6 hours after Robbie!! We all thought that was amazing. Hank came 2 weeks early. His momma is tiny and he had no where to go & grow so they had to take him early. He weighed 4 lbs, Robbie weighed 8 - We put them on the blanket together and they kicked one another, not really realizing there was another person beside them...I guess they are too young. things will be different the next time they come in!!

Last Friday, the  my nephew and his family came to visit for the weekend. They live in Winston-Salem, NC. 5.5 hours away. It was great having them. They have 2 kiddos. Andi (girl) 4 and Tyson who is 5 and can read like no body's business. He is one smart little dude!!!  Andi got sick Sat. night and threw up in the bed and had diarrhea, but we cured that with Imodium I had just bought it for our grandkids in case of emergency! Good Timing!! My sister and Brother in law came Sunday at noon and they and their son & family went to see mom for 2 hours before heading home. I didn't get to see her because they were gone by the time we got back. 

Well, that's about all that is new around here! Will be back soon!! Have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. Love that blue jay photo, Debbie. So nice to hear about all your doing, and you've certainly had a lot of fun company!!
    I think it is just wonderful that you have those great friends from 50 years ago. Says a lot about what a great friend you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's great Blue Jay shot! You're still staying busy, I see! And that's good. Always did enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo too, Debbie! Hard going to a funeral of someone you've known so long, but good you visited with your dad. I'm sure he's watching over your mom.

    ReplyDelete